Updated: September 17, 2010 8:50PM
* Shoplifting charge: Carmen D. Singletary Williams, 45, of the 0-10 block of Middlesex Drive, Carpentersville, was charged Tuesday with a felony count of retail theft from the Meijer store in Elgin. Police said she was found with an Airsoft BB gun and several bottles of alcohol, valued at $372.35, in her purse. Bail was set at $15,000; she was given a Sept. 10 court date.
* Possession charges: Stephanie R. Mayes, 28, of the 500 block of East State Street, Elgin, was charged with unlawful possession of a controlled substance and possession of drug paraphernalia, including heroin and a glass pipe, following a traffic stop Tuesday in Elgin. Bail was set at $20,000; she was given a Sept. 8 court date.
* Assault with a knife: Bail was set at $5,000 Wednesday for Phyllis T. Durand, 49, of the 200 block of Douglas Avenue, Elgin. She is accused of aggravated assault against a roommate for pointing a serrated knife at the woman, police said. She was given a Sept. 7 court date.
* Fraudulent ID: Yuvia A. Garcia, 18, of Chicago, was charged with a felony count of possession of a fraudulent ID card stemming from an arrest early Wednesday at the Grand Victoria Casino. Bail was set at $2,000; she was given a Sept. 13 court date.
* Resisting an officer: Hermenegildo Frausto, 58, homeless of Elgin, was charged with resisting and obstruction of a police officer following an incident Tuesday in Elgin while he was being given a traffic ticket. Bail was set at $5,000; he was given a Sept. 3 court date.
* DUI charge: Victor M. Sanchez-Rameriz, 32, of Addison, was charged with two counts of aggravated driving under the influence following his arrest Tuesday in Elgin. Bail was set at $20,000; he was given a Sept. 13 court date.
* DUI charge: Luis Gomez, 56, of the 2000 block of Berkshire Circle, Carpentersville, was charged with two counts of aggravated driving under the influence and driving without insurance or a driver's license following a hit-and-run crash in East Dundee Tuesday. Police said they found Gomez in a car with heavy body damage after the accident was reported. Bail was set at $25,000; he was given a Sept. 10 court date. Kane County
* Fight: A 16-year-old Carpentersville girl reportedly was treated for cuts to the top of her head after an off-campus fight with a 16-year-old Algonquin girl at Burr Oak Lane and Hollowside Drive in Dundee Township. The fight appears to have stemmed from an incident between the girls at Jacobs High School in Algonquin, according to Kane County police. The Carpentersville girl was taken to a Sherman Family HealthCare Immediate Care Center by her family, police said.