The Daily Bluff City, Elgin, Illinois' first newspaper, was launched in 1874.
It merged with The Elgin Daily News in 1876. The Elgin Courier-News was later created in 1925 from a merger of The Elgin Daily News and The Elgin Daily Courier, which was founded in 1884.
The Courier-News was purchased by what is now Sun-Times Media in 2000.
While local reporters continue to work in the Elgin area, operations of The Courier-News have relocated to Sun-Times headquarters in Chicago.
Direct any communications to the following address:
The Courier-News, 350 N. Orleans St., Chicago, IL 60654
News questions can be directed to News Editor Paul Harth at 312-321-3066; email pharth@stmedianetwork. com