Updated: November 22, 2013 6:27AM
$20,000 in damage: A fireplace is suspected as the cause of a chimney fire that damaged part of a four-unit townhouse over the weekend, officials said. The Streamwood Fire Department responded to a report of a chimney fire at 9:20 p.m. Friday at 267 Acorn Drive. Firefighters found flames showing on the north side of the building and used hand lines and an aerial ladder to work on the chimney enclosure, officials said. The fire did not extend into the dwelling unit, officials said, and there was limited damage to the interior of the building, with damage costs estimated at $20,000. No one was injured in the blaze. Streamwood firefighters were assisted by those from Bartlett, Hanover Park, Hoffman Estates and Schaumburg; East Dundee and South Elgin firefighters covered Streamwood stations during the incident.